Schmincke Gum Arabic 60ml (concentrated)
Gum Arabic is used as a binder for producing watercolors and gouache. Dilutable with water; dries to a wiping resistant film, but remains water-soluble. Improves adhesion of undercoats when added to Schmincke watercolors and gouaches it increases gloss, transparency and intensity of color.
- Shake well before use.
- Gum arabic concentrated is ready to use, but can be diluted with water if necessary.
- The mixing ratio of binder to pigment very much depends on the type of dyestuff. Our recommendation: Start off with the same amount of binder and pigment, than add binder or pigment until the required consistency. The dried streaks of paint should have a smooth surface and do not come off when rubbed with the dry heel of the hand. The self-mixed colors can be diluted with water if necessary. They are intended to be used as quickly as possible and should only be stored for a few days in screw-top jars.
- The product should only be added to watercolors or gouache on a separate palette!
- The product is water-mixable and remains water-soluble after getting dry.
- Please clean working tools as soon as possible with water or water and soap.
- Close immediately after use and store in a cool, dry place.
- Protect from frost.
- Individual pre-tests are required.