Coyote Clay and Color under glazes fire to brilliant and vibrant hues between cone 5-10. Non-toxic under recommended methods (brushing, pouring, dipping), the lead-free underglazes may contain quartz (silica), cobalt, chromium, and cadmium, and are not suitable for spraying or to be inhaled or ingested.
All of Coyote Clay and Color underglazes have been evaluated by an independent toxicologist and are properly labeled in accordance with ASTM D-4236. This Lead Free Non-Toxic underglaze is safe for food containers and dinnerware when covered with Coyote Clear glaze and properly fired.
-Warning: This product contains crystalline silica and/or other chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm. -This product in its liquid form is certified Non-Toxic (ASTM D 4236) but risk may arise if sprayed, or if dried product is sanded and crushed creating a respirable dust or a mist that is inhaled. If dust or mist exist, wear a NIOSH approved respirator. -Always wear an apron to protect clothing, wash hands after using; keep out of reach of children