Gelli plates are an easy way to create monoprints. Stenciling, image transfer and scraping tools are popular ways to add interest to your prints. The plates are easy to clean and can be used over and over. Latex and silicone free. Made in the USA.
- We recommend using acrylic paints. It is not necessary to clean the plate between prints, unless desired. Paint residue can contribute to surprising and pleasing results.
- There is no need to clean your plate between prints, but it is recommended to clean your plate before storage and remove all paint residue at that time.
- We do not recommend using dyes when printing on the plate (such as rubber stamp inks, spray inks and fabric dyes) as the gel will absorb some of the dye and become permanently stained. However, stains will not affect printing performance.
- Many paints and inks are compatible with printing. These include water-soluble printmaking inks and fabric paints.
- You can also use washable and permanent markers. When using permanent markers, the ink drys more quickly so you have to move quickly to pull the print. You have more time with washable markers - as they stay wet longer.