The Kakimori brass metal nib was created as a more durable and practical alternative to a glass nib. The unique nib point has been rounded and polished with meticulous care, providing an exceptionally smooth writing experience that defies expectation. The brass nib is ideal for creating undulating lines and has a soft writing feel, and will develop a patina over time.
The Kakimori stainless steel nib was created as a durable and practical nib. Enjoy multiple line widths from fine lines to broad strokes with a tilt of the nib. The steel nib will feel stiffer compared to the brass nib and is rust resistant as well.
Both nibs pair well with the Kakimori Sakura Wood Nib Holder (sold separately) but will fit any standard nib holder of your choice.
Use and care-
- Ink flow at the beginning may not be insufficient due to oil covering the surface of the nib. It will be smoother gradually as you clean it with water or dip it in ink.
- The maximum writing angle is 45 degrees.
- When removing the nib from the nib holder, gently pull it out while turning to avoid dislodging the nib mount.
- Strong impact to the precision-made nib may compromise ink flow.
- To prevent the build-up of dry ink in the grooves, rinse frequently in water during use.
- To remove stubborn dry ink, gently scrub in water with a soft toothbrush.
- If using detergent, a pH neutral detergent is recommended. Avoid alkaline detergents as they will damage the surface.